View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 10:34 PM   #379
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Awards:

Offensive Player of the Year: OT Charles Dodge - This was his first All Pro year in his 7th year as an OT. In the past two seasons, he has allowed just one sack. With a strong running and passing game presence, Charles Dodge was a good signing, and I’m happy to have him on the team for now.
Defensive Player of the Year: LD Dexter Sutton - Tied for second most sacks on the team with 6.5. Leads the team in tackles, not Rexin. 2nd most pasdef on the team wit 8, more than three of the four starting Dbacks and the nickelback. These are some great stats and I want Dexter to know that, whether pass rushing, run stopping or pass protection, his game is top notch, and I appreciate it.
Special Teams Player of the Year: K Claude Johnson, The guy was on fire. HE kicked the hell out of the ball all season along and got All Pro first team honors for it.
Rookie of the Year: CB Rufus McGowan - I had no idea when I drafted this guy in the 5th round that he would ever start for me. It was simply a BAP pick. I had no idea that not only would be boom in camp, but would do so significantly enough that I would trade CB Meester, start him, and he would have 4 picks and 7 pasdef. He’s no super Mr amazing fantastic, but he’s good enough.
Heart Award: RB Casey Hsu - He was asked to step up during Ralph Barrett’s various injuries, and he never started, just subbed, but when he did, he had 484 yards and 5 Tds. There were two games at the end of the season where he virtually started, and we won, and he had over 100 yards in each. Good job Casey!

Records:

Heath Shepherd’s record for most rushing attempts in a season was beaten this season by a Falcons RB.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote