View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 10:10 AM   #3802
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I think they hit deadline. Let me expand on what I posted earlier, even though BK isn't here.

WW is very much a game about balance, and I think that is something that Abe strives for very hard in his games. Those first two actions by the wolves, if they have either similar or superior number of soldiers OR a decent number of wolves, would make this endgame imbalanced and I don't believe Abe would let that happen. That leads me to believe that the wolves need wins to even stay in this thing. Looking at some of the research (which RendeR said he did as well), I wouldn't be surprised that the wolves may have two more tricks up their sleeve (from what I read, possible use of machine guns and a second bombing run). This would fall in line with some of the descriptions.

The miners went in with 13-15000 troops (we're close) against unknown numbers but, frankly, it doesn't look like it could've been more than 2000 private soldiers. So given that we're at the low end of that ballpark, let's assume the miners are right at 2000 soldiers.

I would like to see us test the waters a bit here, just to see if they have another card to play. I don't think a token force is necessarily what we want but I don't think we risk overwhelming them in case they have another block. What about 1500? If I were a wolf here, I would probably send 500 soldiers (IF they are sending soldiers) just to see the battle play out since they seem to have limited numbers BUT their soldiers are better than ours.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote