View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 07:50 PM   #19
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 17, 2010 -

Today I'm going to start against the Norfolk Tides. They have 2 very good hitters at the top of the order in RF Jamey Medley ad CF Hyman Rasner.

Medley started off the game by drawing a 8 pitch walk then Hyman hit a liner back up the middle to get me into an early jam. The next guy hit a comeback right at me. I got my glove up but was slow making the throw to 2nd, so we only got 1. I struck out the clean up hitter with some low heat. However, the next batter flared a 1-1 inside fastball towards left field for a RBI. A good changeup got the next guy to hit a weak ground ball to 3rd.

A 1-2-3 2nd in which I struck out the last guy.

Chad Tracy with a solo homer to tie it at 1 going into the bottom of the 3rd as Medley led off the inning. He laced the first pitch into right field for a single. I let out a deep breath after Hyman hit it to the left field wall, but it stayed just inside the park for the fly out. Great throw by my catcher to get Medley on a steal attempt. That was his first throw out all year while I was pitching. I then struck out the batter to end the inning in style.

A lead off double to start the 4th, but my catcher threw out the attempt to steal 3rd. I got Medley to pop up on a broken bat fly towards 1st during the end of the 5th.

In the top of the 6th, my teammates got me the 2-1 lead. Just gotta hold it now. I was robbed on a perfect 1st pitch. I don't know how he could have called that a ball. Next pitch is lined into right by Hyman. No! Hong-Chih, our shortstop, bobbled a sure double play ball. Men on 1st and 2nd with no outs. Got the next guy to hit a deep fly to right field that advances the man on 2nd to 3rd. 1st pitch, I got him to ground to 1st for a 3-6-1 double play!

Skipper wants me to go work the 7th. My arm is starting to really ache. First pitch is hit down the 3rd base line for a single. Skipper is replacing me. Come on T.J., hold onto this lead. YES! Win #2 for me as the guys keep the 2-1 score as a final.

6 IP, 8 hits, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 K's.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote