View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 07:56 PM   #76
BYU 14
Coordinator

PFP 10 – Inferno

Preliminaries

LW – Beau LuPone (2-1-1) defeats Chuck Brown (1-1-1) by TKO in 7:00 of rd 2
Rating: Fantastic

MW – Huntger Scribbins (4-2) defeats Priti Manek (2-6) by submission in 6:14 of rd 1
Rating: Fantastic

Main Card

HW – Brian Barnes (13-12) defeats Mallory Bertrand (4-2-1) by UD in 3 rds
It looked to be a short night for Barnes as Bertrand immediately took him down and proceeded to work him over as Barnes fought off no fewer than 7 submission attempts. From here on is was all Barnes as he frustrated Bertrand and did just enough to eek out a close decision.
Rating: Average

PFP Middleweight Championship
MW – Billy Russell (7-1) defeats Mac Fuller (29-11) by submission in 4:13 of rd 1
With the vacant PFP Middleweight Title on the line, Mac Fuller makes his PFP debut and is handled rather easily by the much younger Russell. Fuller’s strength is his striking game, which Russell nullified effectively by parking himself on Fullers chest, setting up a trip takedown. Once in his comfort zone Russell baited Fuller into giving up his back, then finished the fight with a reverse Armbar to become PFP MW Champion!!
Rating: Great

Main Event – PFP Lightweight Championship
LW –Luiz Machado (27-9-2) defeats Evan Pizzarro (4-1-1) by submission in 8:14 of rd 2
In the first round was never even close as Pizzarro peppered Machado with wicked leg kicks and accurate punches to carry the canto in huge fashion, stuffing every takedown attempt Machado made. The 2nd round started the same way as Pizzarro’s kicks made Machado wince every time they landed. Pizzarro made his first and only mistake of the fight however, missing a wild right and getting taken down. He nearly escaped, but gave up his back trying to regain his feet, allowing Machado to sink in the hooks and flatten him out for the Choke, giving the Tarantula the PFP LW Title!
Rating: Excellent

Attendance: 716 – Gate $14,320 – Show Rating: Excellent

Thoughts: Almost identical to last months Akabaro / John scrap, Pizzarro worked Machado over badly in the 1st round as the youngster was not intimidated in the least by his world class challenger. Machado is dangerous at all times however and he showed this clearly tonight. We really have some momentum built up as we get another nice spike in attendance and surpass last months gate.

Our next card will be in October and I enter the ring before the Pizzarro/Machado fight to announce the the main event of that show, titled "Locked and Loaded"

Me: "Ladies and gentlemen, I want to thank you for your continued support. You lot kick ass and in appreciation I have a little gift for you in the main event of Octobers Show Locked and Loaded......Rumor has it....That Rav Kapur will be defending the HW Championship. I guess you are probably curious who the opponent will be....."

A nice little pop lets me know the audience is primed......

Me: "Well I have three words for you Dallas.......THE........BIG.......SHOW!!!!"

From the reaction that follows, the crowd approves of my announcement. Rav Kapur vs Sylvester Collins for the PFP HW Title!!!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote