View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 10:38 PM   #1
hoopsguy
General Manager

What do you like about your fellow players?

I was having some conversations with another WW person tonight and thought I would post a cross-section of my thoughts. Many of these lessons were reinforced in the last game.

1.) Dubb makes playing this game look so easy. I feel like he is able to achieve the same impact on a game I am with so much less effort.

2.) Lathum is the hardest working man in WW. He has been a super-effective wolf for a long time but he really has improved his villager play over the past couple of years. I suspect (haven't talked with him about this) that he did not get up for playing a villager as much as a wolf back in the day, but that clearly is not the case anymore. He is really, really unpredictable but almost always creates a lot of value for his team.

3.) Alan's gut - anytime that I have an instinct for a player that is different than Alan's I would be well served to follow his lead. Failing to do so sometimes creates tension when we are villagers together and I'm going to try very hard to avoid repeating this mistake in the future. Don't fight it, accept it - Alan is a much more intuitive player than I am by a wide margin.

4.) Danny is one of the nicest guys in our group. I do not think that we have many (if any) jerks in our sub-forum, but Danny is consistently positive and maintains an even keel. The next time that he creates a mess in one of our game threads will be the first. This was re-inforced during the current game when I found myself having some ruling discussions with him. Even though I did not agree with all of his decisions I felt like he had a big enough bank of goodwill from previous games that I didn't really want to argue much with him and end up disrupting his game vision. I wanted his game to work because it was Danny.

hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote