View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 11:46 PM   #3
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I already sorta knew this, but this game was the first where I really got to work with hoops real close. He says Lathum's the hardest worker. I don't know about that--I don't recall ever wolfing or having PM rights with Lathum, so wouldn't know that. But if Lathum's not the hardest worker, it's not because of Lathum's work ethic but because of hoops.

It is a huge pain in the ass putting together those vote lists. I know, because every now and then I find the time to try, and it gets tedious to say the least. Not only does hoops do this with regularity, he also analyzes it well, and he reads every post carefully to come up with his own conclusions and to look for signs. It's truly amazing.

It was a ton of fun playing with hoops in this one, and getting the opportunity for the two of us--who really approach game in slightly different ways--to bounce a lot of ideas off of one another in private. I actually wonder what Danny thought about our interplay and ideas and discussions, because he was privy to it all.

My big regret is that work demands kept me so busy this week that, really, after checking back into work on Monday, it was very difficult for me to maintain the same level of play and consistent read on players. So in that I feel a did a disservice to hoops, because he deserved a partner who had more time to put the work in.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote