View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 08:00 PM   #18
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Take the Big 10 teams plus Notre Dame, move them to the Big 12, set up Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, and Notre Dame as the high-rated teams, and then hobble the rest down to 2 or 3 stars.
Or you could save time and just use, say, the Big 12.

The only thing that would tempt me to get NCAA 10 is if it were possible to be in at least 2 and maybe 3 leagues here at FOFC. Unless they really step up dynasty play, I think my solo enjoyment of the franchise has ebbed pretty low.

Ideally, here's the kind of leagues I'd like to play in:

* A RFL-type league where it's simply everybody's favorite team and you go at no-holds barred.

* A level-playing-field type league where everybody has crappy teams and you've got to work to build teams. If a Sole 8 conference works, great. I'd settle for everybody playing in the Sun Belt conference. Lots of h2h play.

* A NOFL-type league where you have 12 players in 3 or 4 conferences with below-average teams (maybe even a bit more below average than last time). However, I would want this league to be a FAST league -- limit human games to the same 12 weeks so everyone plays at the same time, 2/3-day max for sims, 1-day for recruiting/off-season processes, etc. Screw holidays and birthdays. If you miss the sim, we set the CPU to handle it for you. I'd like to see this league try and blow through a season a month.

I'd volunteer to commish a league to make any of these three happen.

+2 on EF27's reasons for not being in a coach-only league. I have no doubt that it would be handled extremely poorly in-game.

I'd like for one of my leagues to be a league of people like me: the 37-year-old rec league guys.

I'm also not a huge fan of house rules on teams. I think you can level the playing field a bit for a few seasons by having really crappy teams. I think some house rules mentioned so far would be extremely difficulty and annoying to enforce and would pretty much be on the honor system. I know I don't have the time or the inclination to make sure no one is recruiting a guy too fast or a guy in a certain state.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote