View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 06:45 PM   #607
Calis
College Starter

I actually think tonight is a pretty decent card as well.

Rashad/Machida has become a really interesting match to me, and I have absolutely no idea how it'll play out. I don't even know who I'm rooting for. I like Machida more than I do Rashad, but overall I want Rampage to get the title back and I think he matches up better with Rashad. Should be interesting.

Serra/Hughes is a grudge match how many years in the making now? I'm curious to see how far Hughes has sunk. I'd be surprised if he wasn't able to take Serra down and grind out a victory but we haven't seen either of them in a long time, and Serra is obviously a much superior striker.

If Edgar can manage to not be smothered by Sherk that could be a fantastic fight. Both guys have tons of energy and good standup. I can hope it's a bit like the Griffin/Edgar fight which was a blast to watch, but I do think Sherk is too strong for him.

Nothing really stands out in the rest of the fights, but I don't it's bad by any stretch. This is obviously the slow card before 99/100/101 which are all shaping up to be huge events.

I'll be watching. I'm more pumped for Dream 9 coming up though. Apart from the freakshow fights there are some really good matches on there. I love watching Mousasi, Jacare/Mayhem 2 will be fun, Kid Yamamoto is coming back, and Bibiano Fernandes who is pretty damn slick with the BJJ. JZ vs. Kawajiri is the most exciting fight of the weekend also. That one should be a war.

Does anyone think Cansesco actually shows to that fight? From what I've heard he is apparently not doing anything for training. Trigg said the extent of his training was getting on the treadmill.

Last edited by Calis : 05-23-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote