View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 12:24 PM   #103
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 6, 2011 -

Pitching on the road today against Houston. Ozzie is screwing with me again, starting Dan Ortmeier in left, Brandon Moss in center, and Cameron in right. At least the infield is our best one.

I have to watch out for Hunter Pence and Aaron Boone today.

Struck out Jason Tyner with a 2-2 fastball in the 1st inning for the 2nd out. 1-2-3 1st.

LaRoche knocks in Phillips for a 1-0 lead in the top of the 2nd.

LaRoche with a great play to get the last out of the 2nd.

I start off the 3rd inning with a linedrive to left field for a single but they fail to knock me in.

Struck out Tyner with a 1-2 outside fastball in the 4th. Struck out Boone with a 2-2 fastball at the knees to end the inning.

With men on 1st and 2nd and 0 outs, I successfully bunt them to 2nd and 3rd in the 5th. That leads to a 3 run inning. Up 4-0.

Sanchez with a great play to get the 2nd out of the 5th. 1-2-3 5th.

Terrible start to the 6th. First a walk to Rivas. Then, Carlos Lee, the pinch hitter hits a ball to deep right that bounces off the top of the right field wall. Cameron misplays the carom and it turns into a RBI triple.

A 3-1 fastball gets away from me and I walk the Joey Gathright who is a true burner on the bases. Tyner with a grounder past LaRoche and it's now 4-2 with men on 1st and 2nd and no outs.

Hunter Pence at the plate. I fail to get a 1-2 fastball called a strike and then Pence hits the next pitch to deep center to move the runner from 2nd to 3rd. Struck out Boone with a 2-2 curve! A fastball gets away from me and drills Rob Quinlan in the leg to load the bases with Toby Hall up to the plate.

Darn. He hits a 1-0 fastball hard down the 3rd base line and past LaRoche for a 2 RBI single. I get the next batter to ground to short to end the inning. Tied at 4 at the end of 6.

Ozzie pinch hits for me in the 7th. We score 2 in the 8th to win it 6-4. Thaddeus Waite gets the win. Capps gets the save, his 35th.

6 IP, 4 H, 4 ER, 4 K, 3 BB, and 1 (or 2) HBP.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote