View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 05:14 PM   #105
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 21, 2011 -

Today, I get the start against the Reds in Cincinnati. They have about 4 guys who are dangerous hitters, Bruce, Dickerson, Votto, and Hairston, JR.

My first pitch is lined by Dickerson into center for a single. I get Hairston to ground into a 6-4-3 double play. I'm surprised Wood made that play, but it was hit right at him. Out of the 1st having faced only 3 batters.

Gomes starts off the 2nd with a line drive to center field for a single. After 8 pitches, I strike out Encarcion with a high 2-2 fastball. Get the next 2 to fly out and ground to end the inning.

Dickerson with a 2 out single to left center. Struck out Hairston on the 8th pitch of the at-bat with a 2-2 fastball that was outside.

Wood knocks in McLouth to score a run in the top of the 4th.

Morgan catches a deep fly at the left wall wall to start the bottom of the 4th. Gomes, the next batter, gets around on an inside 2-2 fastball and drives it over the left field wall for a 385 foot homer. Tied at 1. Encarcion makes it back to back homers with a nice swing on a 0-1 changeup that he took 407 feet. I get the last the next 2 hitters to fly out to center.

Cameron with a catch on the run in right center for the 1st out of the 5th. 1-2-3 5th.

Gillaspie (playing 3rd today) with a 2 run homer to put us up 3-2 in the top of the 6th.

1-2-3 6th punctuated by a 0-2 fastball on the outside corner to strike out Gomes.

Struck out their center fielder with a 1-2 changeup at the knees for a called 3rd strike.

Ozzie decides I've thrown enough pitches and pulls me after that batter. Gobble pitches a scoreless 8th and Capps pitches a 3 strikeout 9th to get his 39th save.

We win 3-2 as I get my 11th win on the year.

7 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 4 K, 0 BB.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote