View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 04:34 PM   #104
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Introduction
Cultist
Starting: Will know the identity of 1 starting wolf. Counts as a villager, but wins if he is alive when the wolves win. If attacked by the wolves, he will become converted and become a Vanilla Wolf (this power is lost if the Cultist is believed)
If Believed: Will have two options. If the actual cultist is believed, will PM the GM and either gain knowledge of all remaining wolves and stay the cultist or may choose to renounce the role of cultist and become a Vanilla Villager. If it is not the actual cultist who is believed will gain the knowledge of 1 wolf and have the option of gaining the other starting cultist powers (including winning with the wolves) or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
The cultist is very simple, in my opinion. He gives up the wolf. We lynch whoever he tells us. And if that person turns up good, we lynch les D2.

Okay, I reread the rules and I think I understand the Cultist now. If I read them correctly, the actual cultist or someone who claims to be the cultist gains the ability to chose whether or not they win with the wolves or villagers.

I think it would probably be good to lynch a believe cultist at some point (or any person that becomes believed for that matter). Because if I'm interpreting the rules correctly, a wolf gains additional powers if they successfully claim another role (since I seriously doubt a wolf would claim a wolf role).

It probably doesn't make total sense for a wolf to out one of their own, but they might to gain trust from everyone to block a villager from gaining what appears to be the most powerful believe role (since you get one wolf whereas there is no guarantee a believe seer scans a wolf). That said, I'm doubt that would be the wolves' plan this short into the game.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote