View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 04:30 PM   #332
MartinD
High School Varsity

Having looked at the various discussions about the best ways to use the 'believe {person} is {role}' option, believing someone is the bodyguard looks like the low-risk option - OK, so the reward isn't as good as it would be with other roles (notably the seer or the brutal wolf), but it seems to me that there's very little downside, as a wolf bodyguard doesn't really have much power. While it would be very useful to have a believed seer, there's a pretty significant risk of a wolf ending up as the believed seer.

Believe PB as the bodyguard

An aside - looking more closely at the brutal wolf role: If someone is believed as the brutal wolf, my understanding is that a roled person on the other side is automatically killed - if the role/side of the person who gets killed is revealed, we get to know what side the person claiming 'brutal wolf' is on. At this point in the game, there doesn't appear to be much benefit to the wolves for a wolf to claim this role - that wolf is effectively 'outed' for the loss of one of the roled villagers. As it's a random roled player that's killed, there's a good chance that it would be one of the minor villager roles rather than the more important ones (like the seer).

This is just my understanding of the rules, though - might be missing or misunderstanding something, so feel free to correct this.
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote