View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 02:26 AM   #494
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Why would the real Duke bother to do this? What makes you think dubb is actually claiming to be the duke?

It seems to me that we can't know whether he's stating he's really the Duke, or if he's trying to make a case for being believed he is the Duke. Frankly, I have always leaned toward the latter. And if that's the case, that certainly doesn't mean he's a wolf. He is just as likely--maybe even more likely--to just be a regular villager trying to get a key role for said village.

In my mind, this isn't the game to make a normal Duke read. Someone saying he's the Duke in another game, you're right, the real Duke would and should Duke him. Here, not so fast, where there is more than one play than just "are you the Duke, or aren't you"?

There's been a big difference between PB claiming BG, Hoops claiming seer, you claiming seer and Dubb claiming duke. It's clear Dubb is claiming to be the real duke and not just for the sake of the believing part of the game. You weren't around, but it was clear from his posts he is 100% claiming to be the real duke. If there was a real duke out there, they would be foolish not to come out and have us lynch Dubb.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote