View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 07:31 PM   #133
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 30, 2012 -

The pressure is on today as we start in New York against the Mets and Johan Santana. Another team with a killer lineup and another game where I don't expect my teammates to score many runs. We are now 12-13.

To my amazement, I get to bat in the 1st inning. We've already scored 3 runs against Santana and I'm up with 2 outs and bases loaded. He strikes me out when I can't hold my swing on a low 1-2 fastball.

1-2-3 1st against Reyes, Castillo, and Wright.

Manny flies out to deep right, but Church handles it as he was playing him deep. Beltran who is batting over .400 a month into the season gets a 1 out double down the left field line. A routine fast ball gets by Blake to allow Beltran to get to 3rd with 1 out. Delgado with a hard grounder to Sanchez to knock in the run. Up 3-1 at the end of 2.

Struck out Santana with a fastball to start the 3rd. Reyes with a standing double down the left field line. Castillo tries to bunt and pops it up for the 2nd out. No! Wright hits a 3-2 fastball to the opposite field for a 2 run homer. Tied at 3.

Despite being rattled, I strike out Manny with an inside 2-2 fastball to end the 3rd.

After allowing 2 out singles to their #7 and 8 hitters in the 4th, I strike out Santana with a 1-2 changeup.

Reyes bunts for a hit to start the 5th, but I quickly pick him off (my first career pick off!) Castillo with a single and then Wright with a double to right center. Men on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and Manny up at the plate. He laces a low 3-2 fastball past Phillips for a 2 RBI single down the right field line. I shouldn't have tried to strike him out. I get Beltran to fly to center and Delgado to ground out to end the inning.

Ozzie pinch hits for me but it doesn't help. We lose the game 8-3 and I get my 2nd loss of the year.

5 IP, 10 H, 5 ER, 3 K, 0 BB.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote