View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 07:32 PM   #997
Radii
Head Coach

And a very quick look at the incoming freshmen:

C Samuel Jolly - 6'7" 231 lbs - 79 OVR

88 post offense, rebound ratings both over 80, decent in traffic, outstanding strength(86/A-). Awareness that will have him a coach on the floor as a junior with ease. Only C potential. He looks pretty damn promising, I like it. Needs to grow another inch though.

SF Patricio Dearman - 6'7" 207 lbs - 77 OVR

Oh man I'm going to love this guy. He's a guard, screw the height and the position... this guy is a guard. 87 defense/67 steals. Good speed and quickness for a SF(acutlaly a bit low for a guard, despite what I just said ). 85 close/77 med/74 3, not good off teh dribble, so he'll need to catch and shoot or attack the rim, where is is pretty good in traffic. That level of defense, good athleticism and what should develop into an ok 3 point shot and Dearman is exciting as hell. C+ potential which is ok but not great. Also, Mayer may very well leave after this year, so Dearman might be a 3 year starter at SF.

SF Ashton Naymick (soph) - 6'6" 201 lbs - 76 OVR

Naymick looks purely offensive. Decent speed/quickness, awful defense (75 defense). Not a post player at all, he has a good eye for offensive rebounds, but not on the defensive end. 83 close/83 med/74 3/76 off the dribble/80 in traffic. If he can attack the rim well he might be a good scorer. I don't know how I could use him this year though. He might redshirt, even afte all the trouble to recruit a couple JC guys.

PG Dedric Modica (JC JR) - 5'11" 166 lbs - 76 OVR

Modica looks ok. He lacks awareness and he won't develop it in two years. But he has speed, can shoot the 3, and can handle and dish the rock. 84 close/70 med/82 3/81 off the dribble. Not bad at all there. He will get some time at PG.

PF Trace Devonish - 6'7" 234 lbs - 74 OVR

His rebound and post numbers are all below 80. Awareness both below 70. 90 close/84 in traffic. Devonish has a long way to go. He'll likely redshirt.

PG Alando Carlisle - 6'5" 189 lbs - 73 OVR

Carlisle will be ok, he'll be good even. Outside of 75/F quickness, he has the right skills in the right places. 89 speed, 86 defense(B already). 72 off/73 def awareness, fine for a freshman. 76 close/71 med/82 3/81 off the dribble, so he won't be going inside a lot but he can shoot the open 3. His stamina is terrible (84/C-). His durability is awful (75/C-). He might struggle to start without hurting himself heh. I'm going to redshirt him this year, set his training to work on his endurance and durability(I think I can do that) and see where he's at next year. The JC PG that I recruited, Modica, will likely be backup PG this year and start next year, Carlisle needs some work before he's ready to do either, but he's not as bad as 73 OVR might otherwise indicate, like i said, he's got good numbers in the right places.

None of these guys have a chance to sniff the starting lineup and a couple need to redshirt, but its a solid freshman class for its size. I only lose two seniors this year(plus possibly Mayer). the one total unknown I had after this season... PG, is probably ok with Modica.

We still lack that elusive superstar though. That guy that can get his ratings up towards 90 OVR early in his senior season and just take us all the way to a championship.

Roster and stuff later on!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote