View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 09:40 PM   #1168
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, since it doesn't look like BK is going to have results in the terribly near future ...

Earlier in the day I had the vote on Lerri because it was the best self-defense vote I could make. I wanted to have the option to protect myself with a move to Racer later in the day if I was stuck and I couldn't do that if I voted on Racer right away. I could have gotten stuck with late switches or been at the mercy of a tie. Obviously you can argue that a wolf doesn't want that, but neither does someone who knows they are a villager and isn't trusted in the game.

So, at the end when Racer was looking to validate Dubb I was looking to validate myself. As I noted earlier, it didn't make sense to me that Lerri would be a wolf, be away at the deadline, and not have people creating some separation for him to get sniped at the end.

Which is, more or less, what Racer ended up doing. Now, the snipe doesn't do jack if Dubb is the duke - there would have needed to be a second mover with him. But Racer already said that he was a vanilla villager and I'm guessing those are in increasingly short supply at the moment. He then moved to snipe another person who I suspect is a villager.

I'm sure the safer move would have been to leave it in the hands of the duke. I'm absolutely sure that the worst thing I could do is get a vote in one minute after the deadline and be wrong. But I didn't play it safe. I played it a little bit selfishly and we'll see what that brings post-deadline.

I'm honestly not sure what result I'm hoping for at the moment. If Dubb is the duke then I don't know how much this matters, no matter what side Racer is on. If Dubb is not the Duke then we have a very interesting night phase coming up. If we've got a wolf on the vote, no matter which way it goes, then I hope I've bought myself a scan to make Day 4 a little easier.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote