View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 10:25 AM   #136
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 11, 2012 -

Our pitching staff is 7th in ERA. Too bad that our offense is 26th in runs produced. Today, I'm pitching on the road vs Arizona and Dan Haren is starting for them.

I'm happy as I take the mound in the 1st with a 2-0 lead.

Struck out Drew with a 2-2 changeup to start the game. Jason Tyner with a single. Then, he advances to 2nd when my pick off attempt goes over Phillips head. With 2 outs, Mark Reynolds with a double down the left field line to knock him in. Struck out Reed Johnson with an outside fastball to end the inning.

Sheesh. Cameron is losing it. He misplays a ball with 1 out in the 2nd and it turns into a ground rule double for Montero. Sanchez doesn't make a play that he usually does and Dan Haren has a single past him. Men on 1st and 3rd with 1 out and I'm becoming very frustrated. Stephen Drew hits the 1st pitch, a fastball that wasn't quite far enough inside down the right field line for a 3 run homer.

My guys get 1 run back in the top of the 3rd. Down 4-3.

1-2-3 3rd.

Struck out Haren looking with a 3-2 slider for the 2nd out in the 4th.

Sanchez with a solo homer in the 5th to tie it at 4.

Struck out Reed Johnson with a 0-2 fastball with men on 1st and 3rd. That was the 2nd out. I got Whitesell to ground to Sanchez to end the inning.

After the leadoff hitter, LaRoche gets a double, I bunt him to 3rd for the 1st out of the inning. Sanchez knocks him in and we have a 2 run inning. 6-4 lead as I take the mound in the bottom of the 6th.

Struck out Montero with a 2-2 changeup to start the inning. Drew with a 2 out walk and then Tyner with a single up the middle. I'm surprised Ozzie didn't yank me at that point. Conor Jackson with a single to shallow center for an RBI. 6-5. I strike out Mark Reynolds with a 0-2 changeup to get out of the inning.

Ozzie pats me on the back and goes to the pen for the 7th. Things look good until our closer, Carlos Aramboles, gives up a grandslam in the 9th. We lose the game 10-7.

6 IP, 11 H, 5 ER, 6 K, 2 BB.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote