View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 07:09 AM   #250
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Color me highly skeptical that it will work as well as they want you to think.

I'll give MS some credit for trying to think big and advance the technology, but I'm doubtful that the execution will match the ambition, and gamers will find themselves more often than not wanting an actual controller to manipulate.

IMO, they'd have been better off just admitting that the market has shown that motion-sensitive controllers are desirable, and rather than trying to make another quantum leap forward beyond the Wii controllers, they instead should've focused on doing a better version of the Wii controllers.

I predict a significant amount of complaints from users that their actions aren't consistently recognized by their Natal compatible games and wishing they had actual buttons to press and joysticks/wheels to manipulate and controllers to tilt and turn and wave around.

Agree with all of this. I'm not terribly interested in any motion controllers at all on the PS3 or 360. With that said, the much better option was to copy-cat at this point in the life cycle. With the cost expected to be $150-200, it's going to flop badly. That's just too expensive for mass market consumers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
Monday was cool for seeing some more info on games I was already interested in. During the Nintendo and Sony conferences today I want to see some new games.

Sequel after sequel yesterday from Microsoft. I'm really hoping that Nintendo and Sony have some actual new games to bring to the market today.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 06-02-2009 at 07:11 AM.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote