View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 09:31 AM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

Xbox 360 "Solecismic 8" style NCAA 2010 dynasty?

Just trying to gauge how much interest there is in a teambuilder-based Solecismic 8 type of online dynasty in NCAA 2010. I am somewhat skeptical how well Madden can work with all human owners, so I will likely sit on the sidelines and see how that one works before jumping in. Plus, I have a GEFL-style solo Madden dynasty in mind for 2010 that I'm excited about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
If I run a league in NCAA 2010, I think I would set things up like this:

Take over a 12 team conference, but maybe only have 8 human owners total. I think with 12 guys, you're always going to get stragglers who wait until the deadline every week. I'd like a leaner, meaner league where things move along more quickly. Everyone will have a week here or there where they can't do things early in the cycle, and that's fine, but it bothers me when most guys get their stuff done well before the deadline each week, but then one or two guys ALWAYS wait until the last day to do stuff.

Each 6-team side of the conference would have 4 human owners, and then 2 cpu squads that are significantly higher rated roster-wise and prestige-wise. I'm thinking the humans teams start at 2 or 3 stars, the cpu teams at 5, or maybe one 5 and one 6. Basically, I want it to be a challenge just to get to the top of the division, rather than guys waltzing to the national championship with ease each year. Players who are known to be exceptional players would likely start off as 2* teams.

The divisions could be made up of either real teams with modified rosters and prestige ratings, or totally fictional teams. The conferences would be something like this:

East:
Team 1 (CPU) 6*
Team 2 (CPU) 5*
Team 3 (Human) 3*
Team 4 (Human) 3*
Team 5 (Human) 3*
Team 6 (Human) 3*

West:
Team 1 (CPU) 6*
Team 2 (CPU) 5*
Team 3 (Human) 3*
Team 4 (Human) 3*
Team 5 (Human) 3*
Team 6 (Human) 3*

Anyhow, there's my high level idea for an OD in NCAA 2010. Who's interested?

1. Kodos
2. Sun Tzu
3. Spleen1015
4. Wade Moore
5. allpro10050
6. Mike1409
7. cmp
8. WVUFAN

Waiting list
1. ColtCrazy
2. kcchief19

Also, just to have this out there from the beginning:
If you are a wait until the deadline every single time kind of guy, you need not apply.

Last edited by Kodos : 06-02-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote