View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 09:29 AM   #19
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
cheesy double audible (or maybe single audible with some other shift) nano blitz at 2 key junctions (the same play/audibles both times)

For the record, I did not call a single defensive audible all game, nor did I spread out your OL, nor did manually move a single defensive player (all or some of these are a nano blitz). I looked up what I was doing, which was blitzing an outside man (by calling a play in which he was blitzing, not via audible) and pinching my DL just in case you ran...and it's perfectly legal and in no way, shape, or form considered cheesing. If a QB is scrambling/rolling out on literally every single pass play, I have the right to send someone faster than a DE to try to track him down. I also only ran a 3 man defensive front from late in the first quarter and on, because you seemed to give up on the run game (at least outside of Locker) awfully easily...you only ran the ball 14 times all game despite holding on to the ball much longer than I did.

Before you posted this, I had no idea what this "nano blitz" was, so I looked it up and I have never done it. These "key plays" that you mentioned, I have absolutely no idea what they were if that tells you anything. The key plays in my opinion were my HB taking a pass in the flats 80 yards for a TD, as well as the kickoff I returned for a TD immediately after you brought the game to within 4 points.

We had discussed this via PM...and not exactly in a civil manner...but I decided I don't want a stigma around here as someone who cheats. My theory is, if you are going to scramble left to right with a QB on every single pass play, then I'm going to take a chance of leaving someone open by blitzing either an OLB or CB to get you to make a quicker decision to scramble/pass or force you to throw a pick. Whenever I play against people who use the scramble/rollout method as opposed to the stay in the pocket and scramble when necessary method, I find that they usually wind up shooting themselves in the foot with picks/QB fumbles anyways. I know some people just want their opponent to run a basic 4-3/nickel D in cover two regardless of what kind of offensive gameplan they brought...but that's not fair. So, if you do something repetitively on Offense and I see a weakness, I'm going to attack it as I always have...and that does *not* include, nor has it ever included audibling, spreading out the OL, or manually moving a defender.

That being said, if I have played anyone who for one reason or another thought I was "cheesing", please let me know either via these forums or PM. I wont be quitting ala Bignej, I just would like to nip it in the bud.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-07-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote