View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 06:31 PM   #218
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 26, 2014 -

We've lost 2 of 3 vs the Tigers. Tonight, I get the start at home in the last game of the series. Justin Verlander is starting for them. He is 3-4 with a 5.47 ERA on the year. We are now 29-21 and 2 games out of 1st.

A bad start to the game as I walk Chone Figgins. Now, I have to get Magglio who already has 10 homers. I get Magglio to hit into a 6-4-3 DP. I get Cabrera looking with a 1-2 slider that caught the inside corner.

I get Trammell to hit into a 5-4-3 DP in the 2nd inning. Struck out Polanco with a 0-2 outside slider.

In the bottom of the 3rd, Wes Helms knocks in Adam Kennedy. 1-0 game.

In the top of the 4th, I throw a fastball right where I wanted it, in on his hands, but he turns on it and crushes it to left field. 1-1.

Wow. Adam with 2 good defensive plays in the 4th. Where has this been all year?

Struck out Trammell to start the 5th.

Struck out Laird looking with a 96 MPH fastball on the outside corner. 1-2-3 6th.

We score 3 runs in the bottom of the 6th - Saucedo, Markakis, and Flores with RBI's.

3 singles to start the 7th, and they score a run. Smith pulls me after that. I hope the pen can stop those runs from scoring..

No! They bring in Brad Hennesey who has a 5.65 ERA..

He gives up a run, but then Mickoloio comes in gets out of the 7th. Sarfate pitches a perfect 8th and Cortez gets his 16th save. We win the game 4-3 as I get my 5th win of the year!

6.1 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote