View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 01:39 PM   #264
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
You can modify your player creation modifiers in a way to create larger amount of talent for your league. But my experience is if you have too much talent coming into the draft, it will eventually saturate the league and cause a "Star Deflation" because now those guys with all green ratings aren't that great when there are 30 guys now with all blue ratings out there. So instead of being 4-star or 4.5 star they suddenly are 2 or 3 star.

So in the end, I think having too much talent in the drafts ends up hurting you long term even if for a short term gain. I personally hack the number of rounds that I draft by a great deal, so you don't have to go through endless number of 1-star rounds.

There are other ways to perhaps increase the interest in the draft, one of which might be to up the talent randomness some, so instead of being excited by sorting through 5 star players to pick, you could be eager to find the diamond in the rough. I'm not sure if that is really what you're interested in either though.

I'm in the same boat as everyone else. There are not many 2-3 blue potential star players. Have you guys seen 1 blue star players jump up to a 2-4 star player as they progress? I have yet to see it happen....

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote