View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 02:29 AM   #14
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Kentucky defeats Georgia 62-31 to clinch the SEC East. Early on, Georgia had played a decent game but I was in the red zone midway through the 2nd quarter. My HB took the ball up the middle for 10 yards and then got stripped by a Georgia player. 7 Georgia guys went around the ball and one of them got it. He broke three tackles on his way to a fumble recovery for a TD which pulled Georgia within 21-17. Lame. Thankfully my offense started to click and we managed to avoid many more huge mistakes. Though having 2 fumbles in a game is 2 more than I like to have. Plus I had an amazing kickoff return for a TD which was called back on a holding penalty about 5 yards behind my return man.

Oh well, I shouldn't complain. But it's 3:30 AM and that's what I do I came away with a win and am currently injury-free. We are ready to hopefully play the winner of the Mississippi State/Arkansas game for the SEC title. We have zero chance of playing for the national title but I hope we can win the SEC and land a spot in the BCS game. We have zero chance of an at-large BCS berth, so we must win the conference title to earn lots of fake money for our school. We'll see what happens.

A&M/Stanford for the national title is looking more likely with every game. Good luck to everyone.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote