View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 05:18 PM   #604
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We go 3-1 in the preseason. CB Jon Benton, a UFA signing is out VERY LONG TERM and I IR him. I sign CB Nolan Burks

WR Jonas is questionable as is WR Marshall, and some other assorted injuries.

Jonas is benched for his injury.

Week 1 - We win 27 - 21 vs. the Rams. Pender is Game MVP with 76 yards, 26 carries, a TD. Carman caught a score. LB Lionel Garcia has a fumble recovery 19 yards for a score. In his first start, Ordona grabs a pick. Gardner notches a pair of sacks.

WR Wilkins, Marshall and Jonas are all questionable.

Week 2 - We barely win 14-13 vs. the Falcons. Mayes is Game MVP with 18 of 28, 184, 2:0. Kramer caught both TD. Pender had 70 yards on 26 carries. Ackerman grabbed a pick. Bert Curtain grabbed two sacks.

TE Carman, WR Jonas, Marshall and Wilkins are all questionable. Sheesh.

Week 3 - Mayes is both MVP and OPotW as we defeat the hated Steelers 33-16 on the road. Pender went down and Carlson had 102 yards on 28 carries, 3 scores. 31 of 35, 278, 1:0 for Mayes. Backup TE Geer caught our score and had 7 catches on the day subbing for an injured Carman. S Long grabs two picks. Curtain rapes with 3.5 sacks. LB Rhinehart adds two sacks. Both C Morris and G Holliday clear out 4 KRB.

Questionable - Grady Pender, Brant Carman, Bruce Holliday
Probable - Jonas, Marshall, Wilkins

I’ll bring back Jonas.

Week 4 - We crush the Ravens 42-28. CB Jim Ackerman is NFL Defensive Player of the Week and G MVP with 48 yard pick and return for a score, another pick and a fumble recovery. He outclassed Carlson with his 213 yards on 32 carries and a score. Or Mayes 18 of 26, 224, 4:0 day, or even Curtain’s 3 sack day. Lots of people with great days. S Long had a pick. Lee and Fisher each grabbed 4 KRB. Brant Carman, Kramer, Jonas and Parrish each grabbed TDs.

The fact that I have a great back behind Pender who can crank out the yards and scores, and I have ANOTHER behind him that can do the same is sick. If both QB Mayes and RB Pender went down for the year, I still think I’d be 11-5 or 10-6 and in the playoffs.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote