View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 09:18 AM   #2
QuikSand
lolzcat

For me, I will confess that the biggest "ratio" for my interest in FOWL is that between:

% of things I do in this league that are different from my other MP leagues
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
% of things I do in this league that are basically the same as my other MP leagues

While the original hook of this league was the speed... I don't think that's really what keeps me interested now. (And I am actually pretty interested in this league now) For me, it's the no-injuries that tops my list, as I have been trying out a few things in this league that may not work too well in a more conventional setting. I also have felt a little liberty in gameplanning due to the inability of anyone to do game-by-game adjustments... which has been a value added.

So, for me... things moving quickly is cool. The 3-year contract rule is great. The quick wide-open offseason is definitely different and is somewhat interesting, but a bit less so than a conventional draft, I think.

One thing that I love in this league is that the top rookies are *always* intriguing enough to make cap room a pretty big deal... so that makes every cap-related decision feel like a big deal, too. I don't get that feeling of real trade-off in any other league I play in, and I like it a lot.

Those aren't really ideas on what we could do differently... I'm not sure I have any great ideas on that front, just shaking the tree a bit here and seeing what might drop.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote