View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 11:52 AM   #418
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Question to all the Osgood-loving Red Wing fans that defend him based on stats and cups put up while sitting behind a 6 time Norris trophy winner: what does it say when Stevie Y leaves Ozzy out of the Olympic team invites?

Answer: He's not as good as you think he is.

I am baffled by this post.

Most people don't think Osgood is that good. I am pretty sure that those who think he's good (like me), would have been shocked to see him invited the Olympic team tryouts. Shocked. If he had been, I would have considered it a surprising case of nepotism (especially since that's not how Yzerman rolls).

Osgood-loving fans defend him against all those Osgood-hating fans (which are the majority). He's better than most people give him credit for and has shown a tendency to step up during the playoffs. He's a good, dependable goalie and is the perfect fit for the right team. I don't think he'd make the cut as one of Canada's top 5 goalies.

Answer: Osgood is exactly as good as I think he is and his lack of an invitation to the Canadian Olympic team doesn't change that one iota, since I never considered him in that class.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote