View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 05:18 PM   #381
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 4, 2017 -

Tonight, I get the start against the Angels who are struggling early. They are 13-15 with offensive stats in the bottom 10 in most categories.

Cotts manages to draw a leadoff walk after fouling off a 3 3-2 pitches. Kendrick pops to 1st on a shattered bat. Dioner throws out Cotts on a steal attempt. Miguel Cabrera hits a 2-0 outside slider weakly to 3rd for the 3rd out.

Mike Napoli strikes out on a 3-2 fastball to start the 2nd. Hamilton flies out to Jacoby for the 2nd out. They have Carlos Quentin now.. He draws a walk as a 3-2 slider misses outside. Harry Magruder strikes out on a 3-2 fastball to end the inning.

Michael Cuddyer strikes out on a 1-2 low fastball to start the 3rd. Placido Cavazos strikes out on a 3-2 fastball. Cotts grounds out to short to end the inning.

Jacoby with a RBI in the 4th and then Konerko hits a 3 run homer. 4-0 lead.

Kendrick starts off the 4th with a single up the middle, that is the first hit I've given up today. Cabrera hits a 0-2 splitter to the wall in center but Jacoby puts it away. Napoli hits a first pitch slider to right field for a 2 run homer. That is his 8th homer of the year. Hamilton hits a 1-2 high fastball weakly to left. Quentin flies out to left to end the inning.

Konerko with another 3 run homer! 7-2 lead.

Magruder argues a call at 1st to start the 5th and gets himself ejected. 1-2-3 5th.

Garza with a diving stop and throw from his knees to start the 6th with an out. Kendrick with an infield single. Cabrera hits it into the right center gap, and I'm convinced no other centerfielder makes the catch that Jacoby just made. Love his defense. I walk Napoli. Hamilton grounds out to short to end the inning.

Quentin starts the 7th with a single past Fowler. Garza with a leaping catch of a line drive to end the inning.

Cotts starts the 8th with a double off a 2-2 slider. My arm is almost out of gas. Gary pulls me. Buchholz allows the inherited run and 1 more to score, but we win the game 7-4.

I get my 4th win.

7 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 3 BB, 4 K.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote