View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 07:23 PM   #152
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Destroy Wall Street? Chase ambulances? Drive Fortune 500 companies into the ground?

I mean, this is the vibe I'm getting from you here, that nobody would ever be a doctor unless mad bank is involved. What, precisely, are the people who would leave medicine if they aren't getting Paid (with the capital P, natch) going to go do instead?

Then there's the other half of the equation - if they start getting compensated for their treatment of people who, historically, have been uninsured, isn't that going to create a release valve in terms of costs passed on to other people?

Look, doctors put long hours doing work that generally only gets remembered if they fuck up. I get that. They deserve to get paid for that work. I don't argue with that. But there has got to be a better way to get them that compensation than to work the system through tests and other commission-like shenanigans because there's a leak somewhere else in the system that's costing them money.

Not all of them. There will always be altruistic people who do it for your reasons.

My wife is 31 years old, went to a decent private college and left with 20k in student loans. She works stress free in finance from 7-4 Monday-Friday and she makes 25-30k more then the average doctor according to the last numbers I saw.

You are going to lose talented people to other industries for more money, it's that simple.
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote