View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 09:57 PM   #196
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I'm not for raising taxes at all. I'd rather it come out of other parts of our budget. I think you can cut back some on welfare programs now that many of the poor won't have to worry about health insurance. I think a cut to military expenses and not going into meaningless wars would be a big step in the right direction. I'm also sure there are a lot of programs out there that can use a good trimming.

If you make something like health care a priority like we make military spending or your local police force, it can be done. It means some budget cuts that are sorely needed in this country.

I truly believe we all have a right to go to a doctor and get care. Same as our right to have a police department and military to protect us. Same as our right to have roads to drive on and a government agency that tests the food and drugs we eat. I'm opposed to the Obama plan because it does call for an increase in taxes and doesn't cut back on our current expenses. Just because I support a universal health care system doesn't mean I support the way it's going forward now as.

You can find 3 trillion dollars to cut over 10 years when you have >10% unemployment?

It's not even feasible to do that.

If Obama's plan is as likely as finding a unicorn in my backyard, your plan is as likely me following a rainbow to a pot of gold.

This stuff is great in theory, the dollars to pay for it don't exist.
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote