View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 09:39 AM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

NCAA 2010 OD - let the planning begin!

So here's my concept for our NCAA 2010 Xbox 360 dynasty:

Take over a 12 team conference (Conference USA), but only have 8 human owners total. Each 6-team division of the conference would have 4 human owners, and then 2 cpu squads that are significantly higher rated roster-wise and prestige-wise. I'm thinking of a tiered start for the human teams (1 star for great players, 2 for solid guys, 3 for average guys), and the cpu teams in each division start at 5 and 6 stars. Basically, I want it to be a challenge just to get to the top of the division, rather than having guys waltz to the national championship with ease each year.

We're going with totally fictional teams. The conferences would be something like this:

East:
Team 1 (CPU) 6*
Team 2 (CPU) 5*
Team 3 (Human) 3*
Team 4 (Human) 2*
Team 5 (Human) 2*
Team 6 (Human) 1*

West:
Team 1 (CPU) 6*
Team 2 (CPU) 5*
Team 3 (Human) 3*
Team 4 (Human) 2*
Team 5 (Human) 2*
Team 6 (Human) 1*

I also favor somewhat shorter quarters (maybe lop off a minute?) than we used in ODs in NCAA 2009 so that human players don't dominate the Heisman award every season. One wrinkle is the chew clock feature. Is it the same as accelerated clock, where it's always on, or is it a user controlled thing?

We'd have 4-day cycles during the season, but I will always have at least one weekend day in each cycle.

Owners need to start thinking up the concept for their teams. We may have some guys who are better at creating teams too. Anyone want to volunteer for some create-a-team duty? Also, do we want all teams to be located in the same state for more competitive recruiting, or do we allow guys to choose their own state?

One aspect of teambuilder is that it uses the exact same roster each time if you use the preset options (cupcake, powerhouse, etc.). To get around that, after I import the user-created teams, I plan to sim forward 4 or 5 seasons so that everyone has unique rosters.

We also need to figure out how to fairly "rate" each human player in terms of ability. To me, a guy like cmp who won 3 championships last year is an elite player (and thus should get a 1 star team to begin). I'd see myself in the solid but unspectacular category (2 stars). Basically, my goal is to produce as many competitive games as possible.

Another thing to consider is how to allot guys to the two conferences. If there is a guy you want to be in the same conference with, make it known.

We'd also need to settle on sliders, once the first patch is out that fixes the sliders (estimated to be next Tuesday on the 360).

Also, we need a league name. "Conference USA"?

Anyhow, just spitballing. Feel free to pitch in your ideas too!

Last edited by Kodos : 07-17-2009 at 08:30 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote