View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 10:27 PM   #192
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Both starting pitchers pitch well as into the bottom of the 5th, Lemieux still has a no-hitter while Retter has a 3-hitter going. Heredia ruins the shut out for Retter however with a solo home run that puts Napa Valley up 1-0 after 5 innings...

The very first hitter of the 6th inning ruins the no-hitter for Lemieux when M.Rodriguez doubles, but Hammersmith is not able to bring him home and they squander the chance.

In the bottom of the 7th, Napa Valley gets two runners home on a RBI single from Velona and then another run on a Diaz RBI single as they jump to a 4-0 lead with Lemieux pitching brilliantly. This could be trouble for Hammersmith.

Hammersmith does not seem willing to give up quite yet. In the top of the 8th, Rosales hits a RBI single to bring Carroll home and cuts the deficit to 4-1. Napa Valley goes down 1-2-3 in the 8th to bring Hammersmith to their last chance in the 9th inning.

Despite Lemieux being on fire, Napa Valley brings in Pat Johnson to pitch the 9th for the save.

Johnson strikes out Cuevas and forces Doran to fly out to center before walking Aguilar and the pinch hitter JD Blackmore to start a possible 2 out rally...

The tying run comes up to the plate, a pinch hitter Hervey Winters, with two outs in the 9th inning... Winters fouls off two pitches before putting one into play. A Fly ball causally to center field.. and easy catch.. and he is out. That ends it here!

Lemieux pitches 8 innings, striking out 12 while giving up only 1 run in 5 hits for the win.

Napa Valley 4, Hammersmith 1

The Napa Valley Winemakers are the 2028 FOOL Champions!

In the end, my inability to dominate anything--especially pitching--always ends up dooming me. I need a Lemieux!

Congrats, Teach! Your team is certainly good and won a deserved championship tonight.

Me, back to the drawing board once more...

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote