View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 09:11 AM   #7
Radii
Head Coach

7/26 - Morning Session

Played a shorter session this morning, feeling good but I started surfing 2+2 and my mind was wandering, and the table tightened up a good deal after one guy left, so I decided to call it and go do something else.

HANDS: 110
RESULT: UP $73.17

I should note, when full these tables generally average 60-70 hands/hr. 110 hands was in 98 minutes of play according to HEM(Holdem Manager, the tracking software I use).

STATS: 37.3% VP$P/17.3% PFR/2.07 AF
Won Without Showdown: $19.76 <-- Another very solid amount.

Stats Note: I moved tables a couple times today(I table select pretty hard, 1-tabling there's little excuse not to be at the single best table available at my limit on the site really). But, the table I spent most of my time at, the dude to my right was running 100/75, playing every single hand, raising preflop 3/4 of the time. Directly across from him was a guy playing about 80/20, and 3-betting with enough frequency that I was concerned about it with marginal hands. So at this table I wasn't trying to LAG it up or be the table captain. I was trying to catch a good flop in a big pot and get my money in good and was happy to let these other guys drive the action.

Biggest Pot Won

$0.1/$0.25 Pot Limit Omaha Hi
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
UTG ($24.75)
UTG+1 ($21.52)
CO ($31.67)
BTN ($25.00)
Hero (SB) ($69.38)
BB ($32.29)

Pre-flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is SB

1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.25, 1 fold, BTN raises to $1.10, Hero calls $1, BB calls $0.85, UTG+1 calls $0.85

Flop: ($4.40, 4 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, BTN bets $4.40, Hero raises to $17.60, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, BTN goes all-in $23.90, Hero calls $6.30

Turn: ($52.20, 2 players)

River: ($52.20, 2 players)

Final Pot: $52.20
Hero shows:
BTN shows:

Hero wins $49.59 ( won +$24.59 )
BB lost -$1.10
UTG+1 lost -$1.10
BTN lost -$25

The only way this flop could be better is if it was rainbow, but I'm obviously getting it in with the nuts and the 8 giving me a redraw to a higher straight. Pretty standard really.

The button's play is more interesting than my own, and I dunno really how I would play it in his shoes. I certainly never expect to win the pot outright on the flop on this board. And I'm pretty tempted to shove it in over the check-raise if I think there's any chance that the c/r is an overpair and heart draw. Though a better play if that's part of the c/r range may be to call and shove any non-heart turn. If you call and a heart drops on the turn your set is basically garbage. I dunno, its tough. *usually* that c/r is a straight from all but the most insane players at this limit, but I can't honestly say I just find an outright fold here against anyone but the tightest of players at this level.

There is no biggest pot lost worth speaking of. I flopped trip jacks with QJ86 on a JJ2 board against a guy with $7.50. He had AJ82. I didn't hit and his boat won.

Bluff gone right

6 players

Stacks:
UTG ($23.29)
UTG+1 ($29.92)
CO ($120.36)
Hero (BTN) ($24.90)
SB ($40.57)
BB ($76.33)

Pre-flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is BTN

UTG calls $0.25, 1 fold, CO raises to $1.10, Hero calls $1.10, SB calls $1, BB calls $0.85, UTG calls $0.85

Flop: ($5.50, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($5.50, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Hero bets $4.50, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, CO folds

Final Pot: $5.50

Hero wins $9.73 ( won +$4.13 )
SB lost -$1.10
BB lost -$1.10
UTG lost -$1.10
CO lost -$1.10

This is pretty boring IMO, but its a good fundamental example of where thet non-showdown money is coming from. Since I have the button I'm betting every single turn, even though many(diamonds/broadway cards that complete broadway gutshots) are pretty scary. If it checks to me twice I'm firing into 4 people most every time.

Interesting/Weakly played hand

I'm just running good right now as far as picking up pots, 3 days ago I could show you 5 pots out of every 100 hands where I fired the turn and river and either found the nuts, or found someone willing to call incredibly light. So instead of a bluff we get a hand that I struggled with, and one that does a good job showing why being out of position sucks so terribly bad in PLO.

5 players

Stacks:
Hero (UTG) ($61.37)
CO ($39.14)
BTN ($21.77)
SB ($32.77)
BB ($25.00)

Pre-flop: ($0.35, 5 players) Hero is UTG

Hero raises to $0.85, CO calls $0.85, 1 fold, SB calls $0.75, 1 fold

Flop: ($2.80, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $1.75, CO calls $1.75, SB folds

Turn: ($6.30, 2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $4.25, Hero calls $4.25

River: ($14.80, 2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

Final Pot: $14.80
Hero shows:
CO shows:

Hero wins $14.06 ( won +$7.21 )
CO lost -$6.85
SB lost -$0.85

My opponent here runs 20/13 over 155 hands. He's up about $10. I don't remember any big hands with him myself and have no notes on him. He's basically a player I ignore in these games, he's not going to be in many of the hands I'm in. I'll bet at him relentlessly most of the time b/c I can so easily fold to a raise.

Preflop: strong hand in the CO, super easy open.

Flop: Easy c-bet. Now the tight player calls in position on me. He could have a flush draw, a set, a straight, or he could just be outright floating me in position. I'm a favorite over a bare J9 on the flop with a fairly monster draw, gutshot to the nuts, flush draw, and top two pair.

Turn: Pretty bad turn for me. So many more 9x straights just got there. I'm now a 2:1 dog against a made straight. I still beat a ton of hands of course, but I'm out of position and would really struggle to stand up against a raise if I bet again. I decide to check/call. I'm fairly unsure about this decision. I would often attempt a c/r here with a straight myself after getting floated. So my check isn't 100% weakness.

River: In the end I decide to c/c. Again I dunno. but if I put out a $5 "pay me off with a straight" bet and i get pot-raised, I'm really going to feel sick about paying off with a queen high flush. Nut flushes show up all the time in PLO. So I check, and my opponent checks, and I see that he was just basically floating me with a pair/backdoor flushdraw and non nut gutshot.

I probably made as much as I could have against that specific hand. And perhaps I played this a bit weakly. I was actually surprised to see I was a favorite over a bare straight on the flop when I ran the numbers later on. My hand is huge, but against a tight player who I don't expect to pay off light, out of position, I find it incredibly hard to maximize value.

So yeah, being out of position in Pot Limit Omaha fucking sucks.

Bankroll: $903
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote