View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 02:11 PM   #548
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calis View Post
Got a chance to spend Sundat afternoon playing Wii Sports resort with a friend. Very impressed. Tiger Woods had me convinced of Motion Plus already but this game really hammers it home.

Standouts are the ones you'd expect with Bowling and Table Tennis both being extremely well done. Was surprised how much fun we had with the basketball. It is simplistic but challenging and there is some strategy involved.

Archery feels great also. Really impressed with the feel of that one.

There is some filler crap as expected. The water sports are boring, and the dogfights are nothing special. I can't see bicycling or canoeing holding up either.

Swordfighting is a blast also and I can't wait to see a game flesh this out.

This was how I enivisioned the Wii controllers working from the start. I think we are finally there.

I picked it up for my son on Sunday. It's a very good upgrade from the original Wii Sports and, as always, Nintendo did a great job with the controls. Archery is really nice and even the frisbee game is pretty cool and shows off just how accurate the motion plus controls are.

I want to see someone other than Nintendo actually use the controls in a way other than just simply waggling the controller when the screen prompts you to, though. Wii motion plus is cool, but Nintendo should be embarrassed it took them this long to get the controls as promised when the system launched.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote