View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 01:49 PM   #1
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Magic The Gathering

I did a search the other day and found very few references to this card game in the Off-Topic Forum, and I guess drew the conclusion that it's not very popular with this crowd. But in case there are a few players here, I wanted to create a post to discuss stories & strategies.

Both of my sons play, and so I thought I would learn to play with them. I dabbled a little bit a couple of years ago in 10th Edition, but thought the new Magic 2010 Core Set would be a chance for me to jump back in. We also play the Online version, and so I decided to buy the cards for an online mill deck. Now this is the first time I've ever played a deck with a mill strategy. It's different, but I'm starting to enjoy it a bit more. I've also played in two online events: One was a Sealed Swiss Tournament starting with 128 players and finishing with a Top 8. I finished 3-4 in the 7 rounds. The other was a Booster Draft where I finished 1-2. My older son & I will hope to attend our local Friday Night Magic this week.

I find it can be quite overwhelming jumping into the middle of this. While I am now familiar with many of the M10 cards, most of my opponents are playing cards from the other blocks of Standard. It seems like until the other blocks all rotate out, I will be at a disadvantage. So in order to get up to speed, I will focus more on playing and less on the results.

Any other active players (either live or online) here?

tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote