View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 03:45 PM   #40
muns
Pro Starter

The next set of managers is ready to be released today before the season sim runs.

37.Macro Guru- Macro managed the St.George Dragons Franchise which was disbanded in 1965. Macro never got the team up and running the way he wanted it as he went 129-179 in his short time in FOOL for a win % of .429. He lands where he landed as he won a few more games than some other people below him on this list in spite of him only posting in one FOOL thread.

36. Mr.Bug- He is also another active member in the FOFC community. He came into the league taking over New Orleans from Fairly and he didn’t do much better. He won 136 games and lost 172 for a win % of .442. I would have liked to seen him stay around a bit more, as I think his experience with OOTP would have translated over into FOOL, but it just wasn’t meant to be.

35. Dangarion- Another long long time member of FOFC and a respected member of the OOTP community as well. I was looking forward to him coming into FOOL and just turning any team that he touched into a winner. That however didn’t happen, and I believe the FOOL schedule was too much, and he just never got “into it”. He went 136-172 in his time in FOOL for a win % of .442. Id love for him to be able to come back and give FOOL another shot as I am confident he is every bit as good a manger as I have been told. If your reading this Dan, what do ya say????

34. Jetsin06- Jets managed the Seattle Franchise when it was transitioning into the Columbus Crusaiders. He managed to post in 3 threads over in FOOL, and I believe now is back managing in FOOL H. In his few seasons in FOOL Jets won 279 games with 337 loses with comes out to a win % of .453. I honesty don’t know why he gave up fool, but my memory is a tad bit fuzzy with Jetsin06. He lands at the 36 spot because he won more games than the guys below him.

33. Pike- Pike was a regular here in FOOL for a number of seasons and just quite couldn’t get his Chicago teams together. Pike went 632 and 908 for a win % of .41. That is 4th worst all time in FOOL and the worst all time of anyone that has played in over 1,000 games. Pike posted 232 times in FOOL, and was a regular contributor on the boards here on any number of subjects related to FOOL. Unfortunately for the league and Pike, He got caught up like most of us (me included) in the HA “my team is the best ever threads” and just faded off into the sunset.
One of those threads can be found here, and I cringed reading it.

1983 Regular season thread - Page 5 - Front Office Football Central

I enjoyed Pike and his posts, and his team previews he did was an always a must read for me. One of those can be found here

1983 Team Previews - Front Office Football Central

Pike also had some tongue in cheek moments like below
Hartford releases new poster for potential fans - Front Office Football Central

and if you want a laugh, please look him up in the search engine and read his profile on the left side of the computer screen. He makes a mention of one of our current FOOL members there.

If Pike ever wanted to come back id welcome him back with open arms, even if he wasn’t the greatest in terms of Wins.

Next guys will be released in a few days.

Last edited by muns : 08-25-2009 at 07:42 PM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote