View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 09:20 AM   #177
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

June 30, 2002

We lost about $44k in a fairly quite month as we take a little down time to let our top names rest a little & get ready for the third quarter of the year.

During June we renewed the contracts of FW Samantha Sachs, BW Daniella Sadorra (WEFF), BW Kimie Igarashi, BW Alyson Arroway, BW Mako Takagawa (XCC), and MW Jakachu Abe (who was pursued by A-1).

The month marked the end of our relationship with LW Alisha Wood (10-2, 1-0) who simply wanted far more than she was worth to re-sign and WW Pirmin Zubriggen (14-12, 0-2) who was so busy with Sigma that he didn't fight much for us & wasn't very good when he did.

Also in June we added several new fighters to the roster:
-- 26 y/o WW Houston "Furious" George (2-0), a wrestler from Thornton, Colorado. He'll get a chance to display his talents first in XCC.
-- 24 y/o HW "Big Cat" Jacob Tanner (4-0), an MMA fighter from Los Angeles, California. He'll also start out in XCC.
-- 30 y/o FW Mao Fukada (2-0), a ground & pound fighter from Tokyo, Japan. She'll debut for us down in WEFF.
-- 27 y/o MW "Ice Cold" Stephan DeWinter (9-2), a counter-striker from Auckland, New Zealand. Most recently he went 2-1 for Alpha-1 and has previously fought for both Sigma & Gamma.
-- 31 y/o LHW Alekos "Killer" Karabatsos (16-8), a Greek Wrestler from Athens. Stuck in a three fight losing streak currently, he was 2-4 overall for A-1 and provides some experienced depth to our division at worst.
-- 27 y/o MW "The Auckland Express" Jemaine McKenzie (7-5), a bare knuckle boxer from Auckland, New Zealand. Three straight defeats in A-1 but very entertaining in all of them. He'll be sent to XCC to work out the kinks.
-- 30 y/o HW "The African Dream" Souleymane Ya Konan (15-3), a kick boxer from Abdijdan, Cote d'Ivoire. The reigning Gamma HW Champion since May 2001, his only loss in the past 24 months was to James Foster