View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 11:54 PM   #91
muns
Pro Starter

The next 5 to me were an interesting bunch. They all could go higher on my list and finding spots for each of them was extremely tough. Im also at the point on my list where it starts to become subjective. And you guys were only thinking the top 10 was going to be hard??? I mean who says being active makes you better around here, or makes you better than someone else who maybe has won 5% more of their games. I guess this starts to be the fun part too though. Alas the countdown continues.

22. drakeviii- Drake is an interesting case, like a few of our other previously mentioned members and I for one am looking forward to some responses to where others think he should have landed. Drake is another guy DC brought into the league, however he too also got caught up in the Mess that I like to call the “FOOL Dark Period”. He even mentions in one of his 19 posts that he “feels like he walked into a family argument”. Drake was around for a little bit longer than most but I think eventually gave it up to do “our” issues. He went 933- 1011 with a win % of 48. He made the playoffs twice and has 2 Rings to his credit, but fell off the face of the planet going for his “3 peat”. The question in my mind is are those really his rings? His 2 championships were right at the beginning of the restart, so does that count? He still had to put the lineup and rotations in correct? Other than that would he be this low on the list? Does 2 championships with 80% of the guys on the team being straight from the computer restart make him top 25? While I say it does, I will also say this; I could have had him higher due to his titles, but I think the guys listed below him gave more to FOOL and deserve it more than he does. Where does everyone else see Drake at? Its up for debate for sure, and one im looking forward to having.

21. cgould43- CG is another one of our current “FOOLERS” and a recent edition to the league. He is another guy that is hard to find a good spot for on the countdown and could possibly be listed a little bit better. However he isn’t listed where he is due to anything that he has not done, he simply doesn’t have the “time in” to get higher in my opinion. His record isn’t too shabby at all with 1603 wins and 1637 losses which is close to .500 ball. He also does have 2 first place finishes to his name and 3 playoff appearances, however the title is still out there calling his name. Recently he has started to get active posting wise, and with a few more wins and playoff appearances he can very easily jump up more than a few spots on the list. Im looking forward to seeing where Apex goes in the next few seasons as he has proven to be a shrewed manager when it comes to building up his assassian squad.

20. TimGuru- Tim I believe came to FOOL in our second wave of new owners and didn’t disappoint me or the league from the get go. Tim was always extremely active on the boards and chimed in with his opinion on numerous issues. Game wise Tim hovered around the .450 mark during his tenure here in FOOL going 1420 and 1700 with 2 playoff appearances. While he never won a title, he never gave up after 4 seasons because it was “too hard” or ever lobbied to get the rules changed so that it might help his chances at making the playoffs. I for one was sorry to see him go in the purge of 4-5 owners that left when the spats started to happen on the boards between more than a few of us. He helped find a few game flaws, started a newspaper called the Tattler and was a funny guy to have around the boards. Out of all the guys that we could have come back if I had to pick a single one that I would want back at this very second, my selection would be none other than TimGuru.

A few of Tims Notable posts are below
Tattler v2.0 - Front Office Football Central

To ALL Owners: Make this a fuller league! - Front Office Football Central

Tattler 2/1/83 - Front Office Football Central

The Tattler: NY based, Coast to Coast reportage! - Front Office Football Central

Tim I see you just joined FOOL H, how about brining the NY Panthers back in expansion over here in FOOL, you know you want to? If not its just good to have you back “home”.

19. Greygoose- Overall Greygoose was a very solid manager. In his tenure in FOOL he went 682 and 704 for a win % of .492. He made the playoffs once but never won a title. Goose had some very competitive teams with the Atlanta Firecrackers, and that has always been one of my favorite names of a Franchise. Goose helped the league move forward in more than a few areas and is that is something he should take some pride in.

He helped clear up some confusion on FOOLS Schedule and when things should be proceesed and if those things were fair to everyone. 1971 Off-season Thread (Pre-Draft file is up!) - Front Office Football Central

He also was instrumental in helping with the financial model
1971 Off-season Thread (Pre-Draft file is up!) - Page 3 - Front Office Football Central

And splitting the league into divisions
Split up into divisions? - Front Office Football Central

and of course how we handle FA’s with vulture players and the FOOL Classic Sim
New Rule Proposal - Front Office Football Central

Just to be clear, if GOOSE could have won more, he easily could be in the top 5 of FOOL Owners. He helped progress FOOL more than I even realized until I did this. Goose a huge thanks to you for helping lay the ground work and foundation for the league, and when you get sick and tired of that College crap, or want to come back, please do!!!

18. TurnerONU22 – Turner is another guy that was good for the league and id like to see come back at some point. It took him a little bit to get Columbus up and running the way he wanted them but when they did get there, he kept them in contention for the playoffs even if they didn’t make it all that much. He went 842 and 852 with one first place finish, one playoff appearance and a ring to his credit. Im sure a few people are wondering why he made it this high on the list then. Well he does have a title that CG, Tim and Goose dont have, but the main reason to me is that he contributed some good stuff to FOOL over his time he spent with us.

I think this one was a full League effort Turner contributed some nice points on some financial changes we were talking about here
Proposed Financial Changes - Front Office Football Central

He was one of the first to take up the issue of not having a FOOL rule book or guidelines
1978 Season Thread (Season is complete. File is up!) - Front Office Football Central

Last one, I liked his post about moving from Seattle to Columbus so here it is
Seattle to Columbus - Front Office Football Central

More to follow tomorrow!!!!
muns is offline   Reply With Quote