View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 11:11 PM   #9
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadritt View Post
Just to chime in, there are other reasons that it matters whether or not a show is bootlegged. My job and my salary, as well as those of my friends, depends entirely on the ratings of the shows we work on. I get paid more to do a second season than I do a first and a second season is also a virtually guaranteed job. Yeah, the higher ups can be jerks and take money they dont deserve....stop taking my paycheck away from me in order to get back at them.

I'm sorry, that's at least partially crap. A very large percentage of the audience couldn't count for ratings if they wanted to. Programming that's not available in other countries is a large percentage of TV shows traded online (Note, I don't know how much).

Actually, the TV networks get it most of the big three (Music, Movies and TV). They make their programs available online with reasonable restrictions (through network sites, and places like joost and Hulu) and get a higher quality audience (they apparently can charge more per watcher because it's a dedicated audience.