View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 04:01 PM   #12
dfisher
High School JV

PNW – BIG TIME WRESTLING – WEEK 2 APRIL 1983 – SANTA BARBARA THEATER (SW REGION)ATTENDANCE 1000 – SOLD OUT

Preshow

Bull Ramos cuts a promo hyping up his skills. (C-) Bull Ramos defeated Steve Armstrong in 6:06 by submission with a Bearhug. (E+) A pretty vocal crowd was not thrilled with seeing Steve Armstrong wrestle. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Assassin defeated Don Running Bear in 6:29 by submission with a Castro Sleeper. (D) Both men were off their game tonight. Having picked up the victory, Assassin celebrates in the ring. (D-)

Main Show

A video plays hyping the goings on in the Dutch Savage vs. Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan storyline. (D-)

Rip Oliver defeated Billy Two Eagles in 4:13 by submission with a Sleeperhold. (D+) The match is over, and Billy Two Eagles is left down. Rip Oliver is celebrating, but then stops and sees his opponent still on the ground. He attacks, and beats him into the canvas. (D)

The announcers put over the fact that we'll be seeing Magnum T.A. make an appearance. (E-) Magnum T.A. defeated Mean Mike Miller in 3:44 by pinfall with a Belly-to-Belly Suplex. (E+) This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Billy Jack cuts a promo hyping up his skills, claiming that he will win tonight's battle royal for a TV title shot, then destroy Easy Ed Wiskowski.(E+) Percy Pringle III then comes out to the podium, along with Kendo Nagasaki. Pringle hypes his client as the second coming of pestilence. (D-)

Billy Jack won a battle royal in 9:57 to win the #1 contendership to the TV title. The final four competitors also included Dean Ho, Stan Stasiak and Dr. Tom Prichard, with Dean Ho being the final elimination. (D) The order of elimination was:

Dean Malenko by Joe Malenko
Tonga Kid by Dr. Tom Pritchard
Dizzy Ed Hogan by Kendo Nagasaki
Joe Malenko by Kendo Nagasaki
Al Madril by Dean Ho
Kendo Nagasaki by Billy Jack and Stan Stasiak
Stan Stasiak by Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom by Billy Jack
Dean Ho by Billy Jack

The crowd was once again not thrilled to see Billy Jack Haynes wrestle. Having picked up the win, Billy Jack celebrates in the ring (E+)

Rip Rogers comes to the ring. He says he is sick and tired of hearing about the “up and comer” Magnum T.A. Rogers challenges him to a match next week on Big Time Wrestling. (E)

Dutch Savage had an interview hyping his upcoming title match with Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan. (D-)

Dutch Savage defeated Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan in 11:37 by pinfall with a Leaping Piledriver. Dutch Savage wins the PNW Heavyweight title. (D) Savage then goes out into the crowd to celebrate. ( C).
FINAL SHOW RATING – D
This show can be considered a success. It should have increased our popularity.

THOUGHTS

I guess a D rating isn't too bad for the southwest region. I'm going to try to expand my TV show to the southwest as well when I am allowed to negotiate. Savage and Oliver were my only two expensive workers, and they are on written contracts so it didn't matter.

The Savage/Sheik title match didn't get over so well. Savage is a big legend in the northwest; I should have held off his title win until my next show. Sheik is about to move on to other things closer to the midcard where he belongs.

Billy Jack Haynes wins a TV title shot (probably in 2 weeks). His segments continue to not do well. I'll have to give him some promo time in the Northwest; he has good entertainment ratings. Before it was a no-brainer that he would be my TV champion, now I don't know.

Magnum TA has his debut; it goes OK. I need to get some good workers on the undercard.
dfisher is offline   Reply With Quote