View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 02:41 PM   #84
TurnerONU22
High School Varsity

Played my first game as Columbus vs. Nashville. I won 2-1, with 29 shots for me and 23 against. I was 2/7 for PP and NSH was 1/8. Fantastic game, Chimera scored on a 5-3 PP on a garbage goal (Rebound came right to him and he scored 5-hole on Rinne).

BTW, this was on SuperStar and Current game style (edited Hardcore)

Here's what I edited and some thoughts about each:

Tuner Set: Latest - Didn't play w/ the original set, but gameplay was great with the latest set

Game Length: 12 minutes - Feels like a pretty good length, at least in terms of stats and such. Gonna keep this.

Game Speed: 1
Player Accel: 2 HUM/2 CPU
- Seemed to be a good speed, faster players (Chimera) were noticeably fast

Attribute Effects: Maxed - Definitely a great slider to have this year, felt like the best players were the best, and the 4th liners had little skill. Belak was in for the Preds and couldn't make a pass to save his life. Dump and chase is the way to go with those guys, as in real life.

Fatigue Effect: 6 HUM/6 CPU
Fatigue Recovery: 1 HUM/ 1 CPU
Injury Occurrence: 6 (max) HUM/ 6 CPU

I think the fatigue effect was a little much, so I'm going with 5/5 for my next set of games. I also didn't analyze the ice time, but I'll check that next game and see if ice time matches real life. Another thing is that fatigue definitely affects play, as guys who got stuck on the ice for a while had trouble making passes.

Another awesome moment: Tyutin hurt his wrist from an attempted stick lift by Hornqvist. On top of that, Hornqvist got a game misconduct for it! As long as this doesn't happen every game and for every injury, I'm happy to see this in.

Puck Control: 0/0
Stick Lift Effect: 5/5
Poke Check Effect: 5/5

- Seems excessive, but the top guys still keep the puck most of the time and it is easy to get the puck from the lower end guys. This makes the game sloppier with the unskilled players, but skill still prevails with the better players.

CPU Difficulty: 3
CPU Faceoff Difficulty: 4
CPU and CPU Teammate Penalties: 6

- Good game from a middling team. I'm turning down penalties from 6 to 5 for both settings, as there are too many scrum penalties. I'm hoping to still see about 5 or 6 PP's each game.

Manual Passing: On
Pass Speed (and Saucer): 4
Pass Accuracy: 1 HUM/0 CPU
Pass Interceptions: 6/6

- Accuracy is tough to gauge, and I think it will depend on how well you do with the manual passing. I had it at 1 for me, but I'm going up to 3, as I missed too many passes in my own zone, killing any offense. 0 is good for CPU, as they still complete plenty of their passes, but longer passes aren't as accurate, something that is very realistic. Also, fatigue effects accuracy as well.

Shot (Wrist and Slap) Accuracy: 1/1
Shot (Wrist and Slap) Power: 1/1
One-Timer Accuracy: 1/1

- Power is a little too low, as there were too many weak shots, so I'm upping to 3/3 for both wrist and slapshots. Accuracy was fine for now, but I might go up to 2/2 for that.

I don't remember any one timers for me, as it is too hard to pass into the slot with the manual passing.

Hitting Difficulty: 5
Aggression: 5/5
Hitting Power: 2/2

- This is crazy to say, but there were not enough hits that knocked players off of the puck, even with the stronger players. So I'm upping the hitting power to 3/3.

Goalie: Default Hardcore, except Cover Puck: 6

- Goalies played really well, Mason made a couple of fantastic saves to keep it 2-1 for me.

Overall, I think this game, while not perfect, is much more realistic than any game I played of 09.
TurnerONU22 is offline   Reply With Quote