View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 08:29 AM   #12
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
I guess I'd frame my response differently, then. Would allowing the exports and releasing the players save you meaningful administrative burden? If so, then that's the best reason to do this.

I don't think the added punishment is worth it. I don't believe anyone does this on purpose, as we all know it will get caught 100% of the time, so all that's happening is carelessness. Ramping up penalties for a crime that never succeeds doesn't sound wise to me.

If this is a real help to the simmer, I'm probably okay with it. If the goal is to improve compliance, I think it's pointless and potentially harmful, and I'm against it.

I agree with Quik's statement here.

I don't feel anyone is doing illegal exports on purpose in this league. I don't see a need for increased punishment for the sake of punishment. Removing the export penalizes the party that made the mistake and only them. Allowing the export to go through and then cutting the players penalizes others that might have bid on that player. I understand that the norm is these illegal bids are usually on players that no one else bid on, but I am sure that is not 100% of the time true.

If this is an issue of making Ben's life easier when we have to go through this process every other week in a fast sim league, then that is a different story and one I'll defer to you on if it is going to save you that much time/ease.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote