View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 03:29 PM   #8
billethius
Mascot

2/22/2006

Entries:

Painted Snowflake is ready for her next start on turf, but there isn't a sprint available anytime soon, so it looks like she'll be routing sooner rather than later. There is an 8.5 furlong maiden race on March 1st, so that's where she'll be entered.

Meanwhile, since I have nearly $60k in the bank, I'll look for a claim this week - likely in the $32.5k or $40k range. If there's nothing interesting, I'll take a look at the 2yo In Training sale next week.

And the first horse I see that's interesting is actually in for $50,000. Count Opera is a 3yo colt by Sefapiano out of Life Rock (Fit To Fight). Fit To Fight is a fantastic female family line, and it doesn't hurt that this colt has put up a couple of nice races, winning his debut as a 2yo in a maiden $50k race, then coming back and winning his first race as a 3yo, a $32.5k claimer by 1 and 1/2 lengths with a speed rating of 96. To this point, both of his races have been sprints, but his breeding says he should at least get a flat mile. I'll drop a claim ticket and see what happens.

Despite being blocked around the turn and into the stretch, he draws off to win by 3 and 3/4 lengths, posting a speed rating of 88. My claim goes through and I've now got a fourth horse. Unfortunately, given how expensive he was, I also don't have any money. I sure hope Painted Snowflake can route when she gets her chance next week...

Last edited by billethius : 09-30-2009 at 03:57 PM.
billethius is offline   Reply With Quote