View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 04:44 PM   #2069
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Five years? Are you crazy? Heck Whitlock's article claimed it was two years and now you're blowing it up to five years? Seriously? The recent argument is over a girl who is a junior. So I highly doubt this has been going on for 5 years. I know where you're getting your "5 years" information and believe me when I say that Tom Keegan is not a journalist. He's an editor of the sports page. The guy is a clown who threw out the "5 years" during his first day of "investigating" the issue, lol. Unless the girl in question has been in school for five years I don't buy it.

What previous incidents were there? I guarantee you that if there were serious incidents then they would have been made public. It's not like KU is hidden away from the world where the media isn't allowed. They've got the KC Star and LJW near campus trying to break stories every day. I'm not going to suggest there hasn't been friction between student athletes. It's bound to happen when you're dealing with young kids from all over the country. I think most of us can all agree that at one point or another we had tussles in college. But the only thing to come from these "incidents" was Tyshawn Taylor's busted hand from throwing a punch. Heck the last time a Missouri basketball player got into a fight he had a college career ending injury (Hannah). So do I think this whole thing is overblown? Yes. It doesn't excuse these kids from making idiots of themselves though.

How does my comparison argument not work? Are you suggesting that Mike Anderson doesn't know that his son drinks and occasionally drives? If Mike Anderson isn't expected to know this information about his own son then how would you expect Lew Perkins or Bill Self to know the personal issues of a few athletes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I'll speak slowly for you. There have been fights between the two programs for five years now as mentione by former players on both teams. Previous incidents were kept internal to avoid a major flame up.

Your comparison argument doesn't make a lick of sense. It doesn't have any relevance nor is it even comparable to what's being discussed. I appreciate your loyalty to your favorite team, but what's happened at KU is indefensible. Just admit it and move on.
the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote