View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 01:34 AM   #130
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
What happened with Giguere, at fault for any of the goals or just unlucky.

Jiggy was actually pretty good for the most part. The Belanger goal that tied the score was atrocious, a long shot through the five hole, not sure where Jiggy was on that one, but he made some very good saves otherwise. He was just the victim of too many man down situations, a "blood in the water" Wild squad, and just a gawd awful penalty kill. While I am not happy about the Belanger goal, I would say he was one of the few Ducks who could skate off the ice and generally say he played about as well as he could, and that he didn't do anything to really lose the game for the team, unlike most of his sad sack teammates.

Funny you mention last season, because this game reminded me of that, before the Ducks gelled at the end. Another third period comeback, lackluster play late. The Ducks gave away so many points last year after building leads, it was downright loopy.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote