View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 05:41 AM   #99
Rawhide
High School Varsity

2011 Season

Two Premier League teams made coaching changes, with Sam Sullivan replacing Alan Slade at St Patricks. Slade was the first coach in the Shamrocks history, going 52-48 during his time and keeping St Pats in the Premier League without really challenging the big guns.

Chris Moore paid the price for a poor season at Jasperstown, being shown the door after five seasons with the Jets. He took J-Town to a playoff spot in 2009 but crashed to 3-13 last season, just surviving relegation by the barest of margins. 62-year old Michael Smart will return "as a favour" for one last season with the clipboard, while the Jets search for a permament replacement in 2012. They are making a big assumption that they will still be in the Premier League by then.

A third division started play this season, with ten clubs being structured into two parallel divisions of five teams each. The teams are well-established, having actually been participants in the various regional competitions that are scattered throughout Arcardia. The two division winners played off in a championship game, with the winner assured promotion into the Second Division. The loser would play a qualification game against the eighth-placed Second Division team.

Third Division A
Brentwood 12-4
Bulyee 10-6
Golden Bay 8-8
Riverina 7-9
Port Zodiac 3-13

Third Division B
Northlands 13-3
Yorktown 10-6
Camden 8-8
Beaumont 6-10
Mitchellton 3-13

Third Division Championship Game
Brentwood d. Northlands
Brentwood promoted to 2011 Second Division
Northland qualifies for Qualification Match

Second Division Standings
University 13-3
Colart 11-5
Cordeaux 11-5
Stockland 10-6
Roechester 8-8
Elderslie 6-10
Palmerston 6-10
Binghampton 5-11
Scarborough 2-14

Playoffs
Colart d. University
Cordeaux d. Stockland
Cordeaux d. University

Stephenson Shield III
Cordeaux d. Colart

The Cordeaux Football Club are promoted into the Premier League in 2012. It will be their first season in the top flight.

Qualification Match (8th in Second Division v Third Division Runner-up)
Binghampton d. Northlands - Binghampton remains in Second Division

Premier League Standings
Westland 12-4
Saltern 10-6
Hamilton 10-6
St Patricks 9-7
Charlotteville 9-7
Thompson 8-8
Kierea 5-11
Calhournbar 5-11
Jasperstown 4-12

Playoffs
Saltern d. Westlands
Hamilton d. St Patricks
Westlands d. Hamilton

McCartney Cup XXIX
Saltern d. Westlands

The Bulldogs return to form and win their first McCartney Cup since 2008. It is their seventh title in history, and the first for Patrick Grace who follows in the footsteps of his father who won the Bulldogs' first in 1989. After starting in the second division in 2009, the Whalers appeared in their first McCartney Cup game in their fifteen year history. Hamilton narrowly missed out on becoming the first ever team to play in the Second Division one season and in the McCartney Cup game the next, finishing third.

Season Summary

McCartney Cup Champions - Saltern
Runners-up - Westland
Relegated to Second Division - Jasperstown
Promoted to Premier Division - Cordeaux
Relegated to Third Division - Scarborough
Promoted to Second Division - Northland
The clouds methought would open and show riches ready to drop upon me, that, when I wak'd, I cried to dream again.
Rawhide is offline   Reply With Quote