View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 10:24 AM   #94
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
My yearly question.. how does a beginner begin to get into this game?

I love soccer, heck I run a local soccer club, but FM has always been so damn daunting for me.

Are you going to hold classes for beginners DT?

sure Mizzou. I'll do whatever I can to get you into the game. Hell...I think we got AlanT at least a little into 09. And I hope if he felt overwhelmed by 2009 that he gives 2010 a chance at some point too.

And it seems like with the redesigned GUI (more webbish) and the advisor-system it should be easier than ever to get into it.

frankly for most beginners i almost recommend playing a "starter" game where you almost don't even worry about your team/tactics for the first year...let your assman handle that (you can have them select the squad every week and keep the default tactic) and spend the first year just getting accustomed to transfers, personnel-management, press conferences, etc.

once you feel you have got a handle on that then it's time to layer on the tactics and the gameday management.

with all the backroom advice in this version and the new tactics wizard being much more "real world" than the old slider-based system, i honestly think it will prove to be much easier for new players to pick up.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 10-16-2009 at 10:24 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote