View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 10:31 AM   #426
whomario
Pro Starter

yeah, i´m propably going to start in Norway. Kind of fitting since i´m going on a 4 week trip to norway next june

apparanetly in the official SI forums there´s a couple new cups and leagues allready posted and apparently it is indeed doable with the editor

I will definitely create reserve leagues for the major leagues like Germany, that way the pro teams will have reserve teams active even when you only activate the top 2 leagues (german reserve teams play in leagues 3 and 4 IRL)

someone made an interesting looking Britain-Cup. Highly debeatable if those countries of all (especially england) need yet another competition, but here goes :

Quote:
In simple terms, I've created a season long tournament, for Scottish, English, Northern Irish, Irish, and Welsh Clubs to do battle 'gainst eachother for supremacy of these fair islands.

There's a few touches I couldn't implement as they are simply not available in the editor, so needless to say seedings, location of final, and the ability to have the tournament show under all five nations comp lists are not as I would like. I've taken the following decisions therefore, but am open to further help or suggestions.
  • Seedings are by Division Reputation, it's the only way to keep the bigger clubs out of the qualifying rounds.
  • The qualifying rounds in turn have been implemented to ensure a few games for the minnows and thereby spread the wealth - if only a little.
  • The Final has a habit of being played at Old Trafford, there seems to be no way of rotating it between the national stadiums of each country.
  • The tournament has been built under England, despite me being a Jock. Much as I'd have liked to host it under Wales and have the Millenium as the obvious AI choice for final each year it seems that England is the nation the most likely to be active for most of us, and I personally have no intention of running the Welsh, or respective Irish leagues in my main games - there are 20 or so nations with much bigger clubs I want active in my big career games.
Clubs Entered - England:
Barclays Premier League
Coca-Cola Football League Championship
Coca-Cola Football League One
Coca-Cola Football League Two
Blue Square Premier League

Clubs Entered - Scotland:
Clydesdale Bank Premier League
Irn-Bru Scottish Football League First Division
Irn-Bru Scottish Football League Second Division
Irn-Bru Scottish Football League Third Division

Clubs Entered - Wales:
Principality Building Society Welsh Premier League
MacWhirter Welsh League First Division
Huws Gray (Fitlock) Cymru Alliance (14 clubs only - couldn't exceed 256)

Clubs Entered - Northern Ireland:
Carling Premiership
Ladbrokes.com Championship One

Clubs Entered - Republic of Ireland:
League of Ireland Premier Division (Príomhroinn Sraith na hÉireann)
League of Ireland First Division (Céad Roinn Shraithe na hÉireann)

Schedule

1st Qual Round:
128 teams with lowest divisional seedings play a single legged tie on Tues 11.8.2009

2nd Qual Round:
64 new teams join 64 winners of 1QR play a single legged tie on Tues 8.9.2009

1st Round Proper:
64 2QR Winners join remaining 64 clubs to play a single legged tie on Tues 13.10.2009

2nd Round Proper:
64 R1 Winners to play a single legged tie on Tues 17.11.2009

3rd Round Proper:
32 R2 Winners to play a single legged tie on Tues 22.12.2009

4th Round Proper:
16 R3 Winners to play a single legged tie on Tues 12.1.2010

Quarter Finals:
8 R4 Winners play a single legged tie on Tues 9.2.2010

Semi Finals:
4 QF Winners to play over 2 legged tie on Tues 4.5.2010 and Tues 18.5.2010

The Five Nations Championship Final:
SF victors to do battle on Sunday 30th of May 2010

All matches are scheduled for 2000hrs. The AI has taken, quite cleverly in my opinion, to moving matches around where necessary to accomodate other existing fixtures, but having plotted a calendar around the EPL, SPL, League Cups, CL, and Europa League I have largely aimed for the only weeks without a clashing fixture. Some game weeks do clash with a wednesday night league fixture around 4 times a season but league fixtures are easily rescheduled by the AI, whereas delaying cup matches can cause problems.

There shall be the following player restrictions in place to encourage development of youth and home grown players.

At least 4 HG from Club in Match Squad
At least 8 HG from Nation in Match Squad
At least 6 U23's in Match Squad

There shall be 3 subs used from a bench of 7.

Awards Added:
The Five Nations Championship Player of the Year
The Five Nations Championship Dream Team
The Five Nations Championship Golden Boot

Media Added:
bbc.co.uk/sport/5nations (website)
fivenationsunited.com (website/fanzine)

Sports Interactive Community

File : Download FM10 Five Nations Championship.rar

whomario is offline   Reply With Quote