View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 02:20 AM   #2
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

BASIC GAME DETAILS

This section will likely be expanded as we go along, but this is where the basic game details will be posted.

I anticipate getting this game up and going by Tuesday (with roles going out either early Monday night or late Monday night, depending on if I can get everything set to go out from work Monday afternoon).

I believe it is important we get this one going fairly soon, as Thanksgiving is looming. A Tuesday start will ensure this game will end well before the holiday break.

This will be a one "necessary" deadline game (i.e. a 24 hour, one deadline per day, game). That deadline will be a 9 p.m. EST/6 p.m. PDT.

I believe any later than that is just too late for the East Coast folks, but any earlier, and West Coast folks (like me) find it hard to get home from work in time.

There will be no weekend play.

I am still working out some of the finer balancing details and one of the details in the balance is a possible optional midday trivia contest deadline, in which the winner may obtain an item of some use in the game. If this optional trivia deadline is used (and I reserve the right to not do it--this will be fully spelled out in the Game Rules & Roles), it will likely be somewhere from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. EDT.

But this second deadline, if used, is entirely optional, and it is not necessary to be present or to participate whatsoever to play in the game.

Standard WW posting rules will generally apply, and where they differ, I should note in the rules (or if I forget some detail, just ask me, of course). Voting, or any other public actions, will need to be BOLDED to be counted. Caps helps it to stand out, but only the bold is necessary for the vote/action to count.

Votes/actions/PMs will be accepted up to and through the "zero" time (i.e. votes will be accepted up to and including 9:00 p.m. on the forum clock; votes at 9:01 p.m. and beyond will count for the next day).

Although there will be a lot of color and some key differences, for the most part, this should be basic WW play, with the usual roles in place, but maybe dressed up to fit the story or for balance.

I can take as many players as wish to play, although ideally no more than 20 to be sure to not unnecessarily hit the holiday break.

If enough players sign up, this game will be a two thread game (two smaller games running concurrently), an "evil universe" thread and a "good universe" thread. But if the sign up list is light, I have a modified version that will work in one universe (one thread).

Up to two days per week (Mondays and Wednesdays), I work at a second job at night and will not be available at deadline. The deadline remains the same, but I will run the results when I return from work. I may get someone to run the results for me, but that is still to be determined.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 11-07-2009 at 02:53 AM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote