View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 02:07 AM   #525
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
Alright guys, in your opinion, where does finishing end and long shots begin? I am asking this because over the past two season since I signed him from Spurs Luka Modrić has scored an impressive amount of goals from outside the area despite a low long shots rating (7). Now Modrić has a number of attributes outside of his long shots rating that work in his favor, his superior technique/first touch/dribbling, very high mental attributes, good agility despite not being pacy, good finishing/composure for a midfielder, and the fact that he is two-footed.

But still, is it possible that finishing includes 20 yard shots from just outside the area and that long shots are just really long shots from 25-30+ yards like Daniele de Rossi and Rafael van der Vaart score for me a half dozen times per season? Because most of Modrić's long range goals are from around 20 yards or so, not like the ones vdV and de Rossi score. Your answers here could affect how I evaluate possible midfield signings in the future. Up until now I had assumed that almost anything other than close range shots and 1v1s was down to the long shots rating but perhaps the finishing attribute affects things a little further out than I thought.

Im still back on 09, so take this for what it is worth, but I have found that long shots is more the true bombs. I have Thiago Neves at my 1860 Munchen, and he scores goals all day long from about 30 yards out and I chalk it up to his long range shooting skill. As he reaches the box, or just outside of it, hes less impressive. So I think it prob. kicks in around 25-30 range, but thats my completely uneducated guess.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote