View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 07:25 PM   #98
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Did anyone suggest you couldn't enjoy the game? All that was suggested is to let the team play a few games before making any claims regarding the team. And based on your response it sounds like you agree with me so I'm not sure why you're calling me out if you agree that you can't take anything from that game.

As for this year's MU squad, you have some great guards returning so I'm not sure why you assumed the Tigers would struggle. KSU had a similar situation last year when they lost Beasley and Walker, but returned some experienced guards. Frank Martin is a good young coach, but he's not the coach that Anderson currently is. I'm not worried about MU being competitive this year. They'll go through some growing pains while the young post players learn, but they have the talent on the wing to more than make up for it.

PS: I may be a KU fan, but most of my family are MU fans so I see a lot of MU basketball and have a ton of respect for Missouri athletics. Coaching characters like Norm Stewart and Billy Tubbs were one of the things I loved about the old Big 8. A large number of my family share Norm's home town which I am extremely proud of. So yes, I have an interest in MU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Dude, what is your issue? We all know your a kansas fan, and we all know you and Mizzou B-Ball dont get along. Great, now move the hell along. He, and other Mizzou fans(including myself), have every right to enjoy totally dominating a team we were supposed to dominate when other teams in the exact same situation across the country are working out kinks and getting things to click. The serious concerns we had coming into the year looked good, and hes happy. Its early, and against bad competition, but give the guy a break. Not everyone is predicted to win the title this year, allow some of us actually worried about their teams immediate future a little enjoyment. Can you take anything from the game as fact, of course not, as we had weaknesses look good and strengths look bad(like 3 point shooting). But for a team worried that losing its two star players from our best year in long time was going to doom us, its a very pleasant surprise irregardless of who it was against. And calling him the insane kool-aid drinking fan is like the pot calling the kettle black...and yes, Mizzou fans stick together, no matter how crazy we know the other one is
the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote